26 September 2011

Manic Monday

This weekend was super boring for me and busy for M. M had to work both days. I'm not sure when his next day off will be. He is a grader for the next few weeks, so he may not have an off day for three weeks. Saturday, I cleaned up the house and watched football and Sunday I cleaned a little more and watched football. Yes, super exciting I know! ;)

Today has been a day. It wasn't good, but it wasn't awful. It started out this morning. I live in an apartment complex. I have dogs. I have to take my dogs out. In an apartment, you don't have a yard. Common sense right? Apparently, my downstairs old lady neighbor thinks she has a yard. This morning, M and I were taking both dogs out before he went to his appointment/work. My dog is standing on the sidewalk (not peeing or pooping!) sniffing the grass that is right off her porch. She starts banging her finger in between her blinds and pointing. Since the maintainence man was out, I thought she wanted me to get him for her. I shook my head saying I didn't understand. She opened the door and said 'honey I know you are new here, but the dog area is by the fence.' First off, I dislike being called honey in a condescending way and the way she said it was. Second, my dog wasn't doing anything but sniffing! Third, she has no control over where my dogs go to the bathroom. (FYI: we pick up our dog poop... not everybody here does!) Fourth, she called the apartment manager. WTF?!? I have been so mad about this all day. It grates on my nerves that she came out to me when I know for a fact that my dogs are not the only dogs that pee/poop in that area. Ugh, I get riled up just thinking about it.

So after we got back from the gym (which will be talked about next!), we stopped in to talk to the apartment manager and I asked her if the old lady called. Just as I figured, she did. The apartment manager was shocked that she was talking about us. So tomorrow we get a resident's letter in the mail about 'respecting other's property.' You know, I could understand if my dogs were on her porch or had peed/pooped on her porch. It's freaking grass and we live in an apartment... Ok, I have to let this go somehow.

Another thing, we went to the gym today. I have seen one other female in the gym the whole time we've been going. We are now on week three. As we were working out today, there were other guys in there. Not a problem. I've been dealing with that for three weeks. What I can't understand is why these guys are using 15/20 pound weights. It's doing nothing for their bodies because they are strong than lifting 15/20 pounds. Yes, there are some exercises where they will only use that weight, but for what they were doing... it should have been at least 10 pounds higher. What guy bench presses (with dumbbells!) 15 pounds?!? I just couldn't understand and I still can't understand.

Ugh, I am ready to go to bed and have this day over with! I will be praying hardcore tonight. I hope everyone has a great week. Be Blessed!!

6 comments:

Skinnie Piggie said...

I can definitely say I DO NOT miss living in an apartment and hope we never have to again. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Bethany said...

Uggghh! I'm so sorry you're having issues with your neighbor. She sounds like the type that just sits at her window waiting for someone to come by with their dogs. So annoying. I hope she leaves y'all alone in the future.

Kristin said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to had an annoying day. Your husband sounds like he works as much as mine(including weekends). Remember, I'm just right down the road if you ever want to hang out!(not sure if you remember me, but I sent you a message on twitter-(palmetto momma) :)

e@thisnotedlife said...

oh that is so annoying! I can't stand when people call you "honey" or "sweetie" in a condescending manner either. So rude

Priscilla said...

I still can't get over that neighbor of yours. I hope she is done being like that! And can I just say that I'm part of the club that hates being called "honey" or "sweetie" in that tone. Ugh.

Hope your weekend is going well!!!!!

Shayla said...

um wow- RUDE neighbor!!! that is ridiculous, and complain to management???? seriously!!!???

WOW!!!

hahaha well I guess since there aren't many women to show off their muscles too HAHA