26 August 2011

Camping....

M's parents always have a camp out over Memorial Day and Labor Day at their house. They have a gorgeous property and Tank gets to run around with no leash.

View from the front porch. They camp where the telephone pole is on the right.

The view off the mountain.


I say 'They camp' because M and I don't camp. We reserve a room in the house every time, plus last year when M was deployed he said that he camped for a year and isn't going to camp again until he gets deployed again. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again. We didn't get to go for Memorial Day since we were in NY, but we get to go this time since we are MUCH closer to home.

Anyway, the reason for this post is because thinking about camping got me to thinking about last year while M was deployed. In May, I got to make an announcement. At first, everyone thought I was going to say I'm pregnant. Nope, not that! I got to tell everyone that M was getting promoted! It's hard to believe it's been over a year. On Labor Day, I got to tell everyone that M's R&R was changed and he would be coming home around November. ***Family, don't get your hopes up! I'm not making announcements this year!!! I should probably put that in BOLD. LOL***

It's weird to think about what I was doing last year at this time while M was deployed. It's weird that M has almost been home for six months. Where is the time going?!?

I hope everyone has a great weekend!! Be Blessed!

5 comments:

Renee said...

I know what you mean about time rushing by...it just doesn't seem like our guys have been home that long - sometimes it feels like Rich was never gone.

I hope you all have the BEST Labor Day with the family!!

Shayla said...

Camping is so overrated! haha I consider a cabin or home in the country "camping" LOL!

It is SO weird to think about who you were and what you were up to in past time. I remember on our anniversary thinking about our wedding, now I'm student teaching when this time last year I was swamped with working as a substitute and still doing full time assignments!

Sara said...

I miss camping! My family went on a 2 week camping trip every summer. But Joe refuses to camp too! He says that he's been on enough Army "camping" trips for a lifetime, the deployment and all the trips to the field. I understand. But the fam has awesome camping trips. Joe better come around by the time we have kids. It was an experience I hope our kids can have too.

This time last year Joe was making his way home on R&R. It's strange to look back.

Anonymous said...


Hi there.)

Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
Nice post.))

I need your help (maybe again) ...
Do you anything about PayPal? If yes, can you say me about this system?
thanx.

Amanda said...

I love this! I think it's awesome that his family has such a huge gorgeous property!! I totally agree with him not wanting to camp! Nice that you don't have to sleep on the floor haha! My husband is in the navy and he is not too keen on the idea of going on a ship like for a cruise or something for a very long time because of it!