25 May 2011

Sunny, FRG, Volunteer.... OH MY!

Today is a gorgeous day here! It's bright and sunny out. I can't wait to get outside with Tank. I just wish we had a yard so he didn't have to be on a leash or a leash free dog park somewhere nearby. Oh well, he will enjoy a walk today anyway.

Yesterday, not a lot happened. I cleaned the house and made a fabulous dinner. It really was too bad that M had an FRG thing to go to and they fed him. Don't worry, he gets leftovers tonight!! Why didn't I go to the FRG thing? First, I didn't know about it until 1200 yesterday. It was at 1700. How do they expect any kind of participation when they can't even send out an email about it?!? Second, M has the car. I have his truck. Gas and diesel is expensive in New York. I'm not drive 45 minutes one way in the truck to stay for less than an hour. I'm really crossing my fingers that our next FRG is awesome. I would really like to volunteer or something with the FRG, maybe on-post, maybe at whatever church I/we decide to go to. Hopefully, I will find something. I feel like God is telling me I need to get out there and help others more. I just have to figure out how now.

I'm reading a really awesome book right now! I can't wait to finish it so I can share it with you all. Fair warning though, it's a long book! I've been reading it on my Kindle for about two weeks now (granted not every day and some days only an hour or so), but I'm a quick reader and it's taking me a while.

Also, if you have any suggestions on a Bible study, please leave me a comment or send an email... just put Bible study in the subject.

I hope everyone has a beautifully blessed day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you know that although the giveaway was kind of a bust I'm sending out an angel to the few of you girls that joined in. :-) Could you shoot me an email with your address so that I can drop it in the mail please!? :-D

Sierra said...

hmmm... I've done 3 really good Bible Studies lately. "Daniel" by Beth Moore, "Stepping Up" by Beth Moore and "Covenant" by Kay Arthur. The Daniel study was my favorite though.

Jen said...

Wow! I really hope you get a better FRG there is nothing more frustrating than lack of communication.

Tabitha Haswell said...

I'm still not even convinced there is an FRG at Stewart... I've never gotten an email or been contacted in any way, even though my husband has made sure I'm on their list several times.