09 July 2010

4th of July and This Week PLUS Fitness Friday!!

I know it's been a while, but 4th of July weekend was crazy and this week I've been trying to catch up.  We left Saturday morning to go to North Chicago. My brother-in-law and his family are moving up there for his job. My in-laws and I went to help them get settled in a little. It was a whirlwind trip, and Chicago is nice... BUT I could not deal with that traffic all the time. We left their house crazy early so we wouldn't hit any traffic. It was scary!

The rest of the week has been catching up on everything... sleep, school work, exercise, laundry, etc.  I have been exercising everyday with Jillian Michaels and at night walking somewhere between 20 to 40 minutes. I haven't lost any weight really, but I haven't gained any weight either. I'm drinking at least 5 big glasses of water everyday, and I am so waterlogged! But, I'm doing it for my health, for my husband and for our future children (fingers crossed!). I've also started taking a multivitamin at night before I go to bed. I feel so much better since I've started this exercise lifestyle. I still complain my way through my workout, but I'm getting it done. I feel stronger and I just feel better in general. I LOVE IT!!! I wish I would have done this 3 years ago when I first got married, but at least I'm doing it now right?!? I've been eating 3 meals with 2 snacks and I think that is helping out a lot as well.

I hope everyone has a great Friday, and a great weekend. If you are in Alabama, I hope everybody gets rain. It hasn't rained where I'm at in a while, and we desperately need it!! Take care!!

5 comments:

It's Something Beautiful said...

I've never been to Chicago, but I've heard about the traffic there - smart decision on leaving early!

Good for you for sticking with your workout plan - you seem to be doing really awesome! I really need to get my butt back into working out - I miss that good sore feeling!

www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

K said...

Yay for Fitness Friday... I forgot to post my Fitness friday until i saw your blog!! Sounds like your doing better than me right now...Im working on it though. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

I hate driving in heavy traffic. Thats what my hubs is for! ha.

and like you I have a love/hate with jillian. During my workout she pisses me off. But i feel so great after.

Momma on the Run said...

Good for you for sticking to your plan! I love walking at night too:-) Have you ever tried taking your vitamin in the morning instead of night? I learned that the B vitamins will a lot of times keep you from sleeping as well as you could...something I never thought of until nursing school!

Unknown said...

Good for you! Oatmeal is really good for you too and burns weight off like crazy! I lost 3 lbs in one week by having oatmeal once a day. I sweeten it with honey!